As HR Manager, you’ll make sure our employees are enabled and empowered through HR programmes in your hotel. You’ll also promote a positive team culture while ensuring our colleagues deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the brand to life.
· Create programmes to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
· Support and administer an annual team member satisfaction survey
· Educate and train managers on HR disciplines to foster productivity and enhance performance
· Welcome and conduct new team member orientation
· Oversee maintenance of accurate and up-to-date personnel files and records for all employees
· Ensure hotel or company hiring standards and applicable laws and regulations are followed
· Build great relations with outside contacts
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community.
· Promote team member involvement in local community
· Ensure compliance with relevant employment laws, policies and procedures
· Conduct annual HR compliance/standards self-audit
· Research and investigate all workplace issues to identify potential risks to the hotel &facilitate resolution
· Collect and maintain data from exit interviews, turnover statistics, absenteeism reports to identify trends, training needs, and supervisory issues
· Other ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
· Develop creative ways to inspire and motivate team members to provide guests with a unique experience
· Make time to interact with guests to hear feedback and build relationships to understand how team members can increase guest satisfaction
· Work with department managers to develop initiatives to reach service standards and drive continuous improvement in the guest experience.
· Help create the Human Resources department budget and control expenses
· Monitor staffing to manage costs
What we need from you
· High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent. College course in Human Resources, Employment Law or related field preferred.
· 3-4 years’ related experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must speak fluent Dutch, English and preferably French.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
How to apply
So go on - show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests. Send your motivation letter and most recent CV to Raky.Abdelazim@ihg.com