Are you a Head Chef, looking for a new challenge?
At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do.
Are high standards second nature to you? Do you love people and making guests smile everyday knowing you have delivered outstanding service? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
Crowne Plaza, London Kensington we are looking for a full-time Head Chef to join our team and lead the team to achieve amazing results. We can't wait to share with you the vision for the hotel and restaurant.
We want you to have creativity, passion, commitment, excellent service standards, but most of all, be a part of putting Crowne Plaza Kensington on the map in South West of London, and a leading eatery in the Heart of Kensington.
Crowne Plaza London-Kensington hotel is an elegant 162 bed- roomed, 4* Deluxe hotel which has recently undergone a fantastic renovation. Crowne Plaza London- Kensington facilities include a boutique style lobby, a private Club Lounge, an amazing restaurant, a lively bar, five conference rooms and a fitness centre
The successful candidate will lead and manage Kitchen operations with energy, motivation and the commitment to deliver outstanding service with excellent financial results through strong leadership.
Your day to day
As a Head Chef, you are responsible for managing all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Head Chef will also be required to ensure that all operational, quality, and administrative functions are carried out properly. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Manage financial performance of the department so all planning is in line with hotel objectives
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target
- Regular review of all menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Be environmentally aware
What we need from you
A Head Chef serving Crowne Plaza London Kensington is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Catering experience in managerial capacity
- Experience managing a kitchen and developing staff
- Experience managing food costs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate food hygiene qualification
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Advance food hygiene qualification
- High level of IT proficiency
What we offer
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
In return we’ll give you a salary of up to £45,000 to £47,000, Plus STI Bonus and benefits package including uniform, free meals on duty, pension scheme, hotel discounts worldwide, access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG