To expand our team we are looking from the 1st of December 2018 for a
Human Resources Manager (m/w)
The HR Manager supports the General Manager in all decision relating to strategic, organisational, and operational people matters for a luxury hotel property. The role helps to drive organisational performance on the objectives of Quality (through effective recruitment, development, and engagement of capable and motivated team members), Performance (through robust performance management, reward and recognition), and Compliance (through compliant and efficient HR Operations, policies & procedures).
- As a Business Partner to the hotel's General Manager and trusted advisor to the management team, support the delivery of the ambitious business objectives of the hotel by locally delivering the strategic HR agenda focused on attracting, developing, engaging, and retaining talent, ensuring effective performance management, supporting organizational design and workforce planning, and ensuring efficient and compliant HR operations.
- Support and coach the leadership team in any organizational and people topics, to help them achieve their guest service and business objectives.
- Maintain and develop a strong employer brand in the local market and beyond, implement effective and innovative search and selection for senior as well as volume recruitment through a variety of sources, as well as an effective onboarding process.
- Drive strong colleague engagement through employee communication and creative activities and events, and ensure proactive follow up on engagement survey results and ongoing feedback, handle staff grievance issues proactively.
- Understand the competitive positioning of the hotel as an employer in the market and create appropriate compensation & benefits structures based on market and internal benchmarking.
- Plan and implement an annual budget and manning guide, following up closely on personnel costs, and preparing local management reporting as well as corporate reports.
- Ensures that corporate and local policies & procedures are communicated and implemented.
- Ensure an efficient and compliant HR administration according to Kempinski standards and local requirements, including supervision of internal and external payroll services.
- Ensure compliance with local labour and immigration law and handle any legal issues including staff disciplinary actions.
- Effectively lead the HR team including recruiting, HR administration, and staff accommodation functions.
- Implement global performance management and talent management and succession planning processes, and follow up on the development and mobility of internal talent, including effective management of promotions, transfers, cross-trainings and task force assignments.
- Project manage the roll-out of new global initiatives at the hotel and contribute to the design and implementation of new tools, e.g. HR information systems
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant university degree, e.g. in law, business administration, economics, HR management (Must have)
- A Master’s degree and/or a relevant professional accreditation would be a plus
- At least 5 years’ experience in HR management roles in the (luxury) hospitality industry, with at least 2 years of leadership of HR teams in an organisation of a similar size (Must have)
- Significant working experience in the respective region (Must have)
- Local language: Proficiency in the local language spoken by the majority of staff and management is a must (Must have)
- English: Proficiency in oral and written English is a must. (Must have) Where English is not the working language at the hotel, at least very good understanding and good working knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
- Other languages would be a plus.
- HR professional with a proven ability to successfully manage efficient and compliant HR operations including HR administration & payroll, and where applicable, staff facilities (such as accommodation)
- Ability to implement robust processes for recruiting, identifying and developing talent, managing performance, and delivering an engaging employee experience
- Ability to deliver a strategic HR agenda based on business objectives and competitive positioning
- HR advisory capacity for senior managers in matters relating to their teams and organisation
- Experience with budget and workforce planning
- Understanding of local labour and immigration law and local policies, regulations, and market practices
- Computer literacy (Excel/Power Point/Word), ideally including experience with HR information systems (Oracle, Successfactors)
- Leadership skills, as a functional leader for HR and as member of the ExCom group engaging with all managers and staff and having a strong impact on organisational culture
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Effective communication and listening as well as counselling skills
- Ability to engage, influence, and build relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Role model for integrity ensuring fair and transparent processes at all times and inspiring trust
- Where there is a multicultural team: working effectively in a diverse cultural environment (ideally having lived on different continents)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and diplomacy
- Problem-solving and analytical decision making ability and results focus
- Passion for hotel operations and identification with the brand’s core values as a luxury services provider
- Eligibility to apply for a work permit in the respective country
At Kempinski Hotels we pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. Dedicated to please, educated to entertain and never compromising on the European elegance of service, we are driven by our passion for crafting distinct and meaningful experiences. Each of our remarkable properties is a stage upon which our people perform their best and every day is an opportunity to apply their unique talents. We offer recognition for your skills, an environment that encourages personal growth, and respect and support from colleagues and leaders. Connected by our shared values, our passion for craftsmanship, and our care for one another, we are a global community of hoteliers. Your stage awaits.
Discover a career crafted by you.